Monday, July 30, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - Week 7

Can you believe this is already week 7 of Just Squeaks?  I sure can't!  This summer is flying by without giving me the chance to take a breath and catch up!  But I am taking the time to send some appreciation over the blogosphere and throwing in a little bonus if you make it to the end!

1.   Home Goods is like mecca to the design obsessed.  It has to be my favorite store by far.  I stopped by my local store last week looking for things for Squeaks' apartment but naturally stuck around much longer than planned uncovering a few unrelated goodies.  Check out this very cool mirror I came across.  So interesting!

2.    One of my favorite things right now is my United Social Sports skeeball team.  It's basically a happy hour with teams competing in different sports.  This season we play skeeball and cornhole, the perfect mix of childhood and college.  In the fall we'll start kickball which I'm also pretty pumped for.  It's so much fun and a great way to meet people if you're new to the area.  And this past weekend we had a team bonding party which was just as much fun!
via Dealbreaker
3.    I fully recognize how much of a perk it is that my job serves food all day, every day (and no, I'm not exaggerating) which means all my breakfasts, lunches, and snack cravings are provided to me whenever I'm at work.  Granted this is a large test of my willpower because hearing people ooo and ahhh over Haagen Dazs every day makes it incredibly hard not to gain 50 pounds, but I certainly save a lot of money with this work benefit.

And for the bonus!  I definitely suggest checking out Well, That’s One Way To Embrace Color. The couple of Young House Love wrote this awesome post about partaking in Color Me Rad and a fun home decor bonus that came from it.  I'm not anything close to a runner by any stretch of the imagination, but this post made me want to run a 5k.  That is until reality set in that I'd most likely pass out of exhaustion before making it to the colory finish.


What are you thankful for lately?  Comment and share!
Do you have a random hobby that helps you make it through the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment