Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Style Twins: Oscar de le Renta & Tobi Fairley

Remember a few weeks ago when I came across a chevron dress and duvet that were style twins?  Well, it's time for another set!  This time the similarities come from fashion designer Oscar de la Renta and interior designer Tobi Fairley.
 
via, via

De la Renta's dress is from the Spring 2012 line and the room is Fairley's guest bedroom in her house.  The connection between the two is quite obvious - a heavily patterned look in black, yellow, and white.  The dress' yellow is slightly lime-ier than the bedroom, which has a more sunshiney hue.  Both the room and the dress are grounded in traditional design - a conservatively cut suit and historic-style furniture - but are made modern with bright punches of color.  This design technique is actually very common for Fairley, and one of my personal favorite ways to decorate.

I actually am generally a fan of the bumblebee color scheme, and have used it often myself.  I also really enjoy a good Oscar dress (Oscar at the Oscar's anyone?) and many of Tobi's designs, but unfortunately these both fall short for me.  So much pattern crammed together with such a loud color scheme makes my brain feel like mush.  But because I don't like being a total Negative Nancy, here are some looks these two have done that I think are beyond squeakalicious!

Oscar de la Renta

This one was actually found on Tobi's blog!

Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013
via
 
Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013
via

via
 

Tobi Fairley


via

Pinned Image
via

Pinned Image
via


What are your thoughts on the similar style pictures?  Are you a fan of Oscar and Tobi?
Comment and share your thoughts please!

No comments:

Post a Comment