Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Photo Inspiration - The Best Things in Life are Free


Pinned Image
via

This photo came to me via what I can only conclude is fate.  Of course, it didn't present itself like a little gift-wrapped package To: Katharine  From: Fate. It used Katie from Running on Happiness as the mortal transmission.  She, without a doubt, has some of the most beautiful photography I've seen from a blog, present photo included.

I could ramble on forever about how beautiful and amazing this picture is, but I'll spare you and just cover the highlights.
  • A great quote (gets me every time!) that stands proud in focus.
  • Rusted wrought iron goodness.
  • Hello beautiful sunshine with lightly visible rays!

The print on the card immediately reminded me of Santorini - the ultimate depiction of blue and white, while the rest of the photo brings a very Italian vibe (it was taken there after all...).  This picture inspired me to create a classic, yet interesting, dining room that looks a little something like this...



  1. Currey & Company Primo Brass Chandelier is the perfect way to shed a little light in this European-inspired room.
  2. These Williams-Sonoma Dinner Plates are a touch of simple elegance that can work in any dining space, but coordinate perfectly with the Santorini colors.
  3. The Le Souk Stella Wrought Iron Table serves as the stage for intimate dinners and family breakfasts alike.  Tell me you don't love the shape of those legs; I know I do!
  4. To bring a little cheer into the room, Valspar's Sunset Boulevard would look amazing.  I picture it popping nicely against a clean white chair-rail molding with wainscot beneath.
  5. A nice medium-toned hardwood floor like the one pictured brings warmth to the space.
  6. Jill Sorensen has so many great products, including this Katherine Chair, which I would love even if it didn't have such a fabulous name!  As soon as I saw it I knew it would be the perfect addition to this space.
  7. Last but not least, a simple DIY from Chelsea at Two Twenty One adds a touch of fun to the table.

Have you been inspired by a gorgeous photo like this one?
What do you think of the dining room I've created?
Leave a comment to share, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment