Monday, August 6, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - Week 8

I am brimming with excitement this Monday!  Last week was so great so let's jump right into my 3 things.

My sister finally popped out her baby and I now have a niece!  Gabriella Elana is the newest and tiniest addition to our family.  She was born last Monday and I had to wait all the way until Friday to meet her, but it was so nice once I finally did.  She is so precious and I can't wait to watch her grow up.  Not to mention my 6 year old nephew, Donovan, who is already a wonderfully sweet big brother.  I am especially thankful to have such cuties in my life, even though I don't get to see them as much as I'd like.

Saturday my dad proved that even when you're in your 20s your dad can still be your hero.  I'm not sure how it happened, but I've cultivated an extreme fear of snakes over the last week even though I had never seen one in real life (except for at the zoo). Then of course what would happen on Saturday when I slept at my parent's house but a very long and slithery black snake comes after me when I'm trying to get inside!  I didn't want to wake either of my parents up since it was around midnight but I couldn't get myself to move so I was literally just standing there staring when my dad somehow woke up out of his sleep and came outside to rescue me!  I don't know how he knew I needed to be rescued, but a giant thanks and love you to my pops!

Lately, I'm also really thankful to have the passion for interior design that I do.  This blog helps me keep up my interest and I really feel like it helps me learn because it drives me to look into things I may have overlooked before.  I actually made a few (but impactful) changes around the apartment this week and it gave me such an adrenaline rush!  I walk into my room and I just instantly get happier.  It's a truly amazing feeling, and the one I hope to give to others some day.
Emily Wren Photography
via


How was your week?  What has excited you and spurred some gratitude?
Comment and share, I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment