Monday, August 20, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - Week 10

We've made it to the double digits Squeaksters!  Week 10 is looking good, and here's why:

Oh Mucinex DM, how I love thee, let me count the ways. coughing, sneezing, stuffy nose...  You take care of it all!  Let me preface this gratitude bullet by saying that I am not a medicine person.  I will go days with a horrible cold and migraine before doing anything about it.  No I'm not a glutton for punishment, I just try to shy away from unnatural medicine as much as possible.  But sometimes you've gotta do what you gotta do, and working 10+ hour days when you can't breathe and feel like you've been run over with a bus just doesn't really work for me.  Last week I was hit with an awful bug and try as I did to avoid it, I had to take something.  After having this in my system for jsut a day I felt soooo much better and I kicked myself for not taking it sooner (which I do everytime).  So here is my official appreciation for modern medicine, even though we have a love-hate relationship, right now I am certainly more on the love side.


via
My sick week was brightened by this emerald beauty.  A few months ago while suit shopping I found it and have been dreaming about it ever since.  Even though I loved it, I just couldn't stomach the $80 price tag despite its' good quality.  But my level-headedness paid off because when I went to the mall for the cooking class with Kelly last week I scored this little baby for half off!  Naturally I wound up taking two home so I still spent the $80, but I now got two tops for the price of one so I don't feel guilty at all.  Woohoo, shopping success!


I was also reminded how much I love weddings this past Saturday.  I work for a wedding planner part time and this past weekend I helped out at a wedding that was so different than others I've done before.  It was actually my first church ceremony (it seems to be a lot more rare these days) and the reception was one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.  It had a very rustic yet elegant vibe that was so amazing I can barely do it justice with words.  Unfortunately we haven't gotten the pictures yet but I'm hoping to see them once the photographer shares them and once I get my hands on them I will definitely be doing a wedding feature on it because it was squeaklicious!
via

What are you thankful for this week?  Share in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment