Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tuft it Out

 
Pinned Image
via

There's something about tufts that just makes any piece of furniture look divinely comfortable.   Maybe it's because tufts are usually used when there's lots of cushion or maybe my brain is just playing silly tricks on me to make me believe tuft = comfort...  Either way, I dig it and I look forward to owning a giant, ultra comfy, tufted couch one day.  Preferably in a crazy color or print.

Pinned Image
via

Nick Olsen's infamous couch screams comfort.  His DIY tufts make this blue beauty a winner!

Pinned Image
via
May I just say, this is quite possibly the coolest chair I've ever seen. The
suitcase for the traveler in me and the tufted seat for the designer in me; it's all perfection.

bedrooms - Benjamin Moore - Edgecomb Gray - Cisco Brothers Morgan Bed F Schumacher Gainsborough Velvet in Platinum Julia B. Shams Manuel Canovas Brasilia in Petunia Oly Studio Priscilla Side Table Sandy Chapman Classic Swing Arm Wall Lamp gray walls small sunburst mirror pink bolster pillow pink monogram shams linen sheers layered bamboo roman shades
via
Headboard (and footboard) heaven is awaiting you in this bedroom.  The minimalist
decor lets the tufts take center stage, a fully deserved spot in my opinion.

Pinned Image
via
Take about luxurious!  That jewel-toned tufted ottoman makes me want to take my
shoes on and off several times a day just for an excuse to park my rump on that baby.

via
When Amy Morris used this zebra tufted R. Hughes' Porter chair she
created the ultimate dramatics.  Have you ever seen such a showstopper?


If you're as taken by tufted furniture as I am, then you should check out I <3 Tufted Furniture, which I found while writing this post.  An entire blog dedicated to this Rococo design detail, can you believe it?!  Or if you're looking to purchase, I've heard good things about Horchow, a Neiman Marcus furniture affiliate.

What's your take on tufts?  Share some of the beauties you've come across.
Got another design detail you're obssessed with?  Please comment & share!


No comments:

Post a Comment